AC Sparta Praha

Sparta defeated Baník

Home - News

29. 10. 2017 | 20:31 back to news

It took two matches for Sparta to beat Baník Ostrava. After Wednesday’s cup loss they defeated the Silesia side 3-2, as Lukáš Štetina scored the game-winner ten minutes before the final whistle.

Costa returned to the line-up, but Stramaccioni was missing Martin Dúbravka, who missed the match with a muscle injury and sickness. David Bičík started in Sparta goal instead.

Sparta conceded first in the Wednesday’s match, this time it was them to open the score. Šural was tackled by Azatskyi in the box and then converted the penalty himself only eight minutes into the match.

However, Sparta could not hold on to the lead until the halftime whistle. Baník scored from a counter attack, as Hrubý found Baroš, who levelled the score.

Sparta got the lead back early in the second half, as Sáček crossed the ball to Zahustel, who fired it in at the far post.

Baník managed to answer right back. Hrubý got a wonderful through pass, but was denied by Bičík. De Azevedo than had an easy task of hitting the empty net.

Things got complicated for Baník, when Granečný got booked for the second time and was sent-off in the 67th minute. Sparta, one man down, managed to score ten minutes ahead of the final whistle. Lukáš Štetina headed in a corner kick from the right side and set the final score with his first ever goal for Sparta.



AC Sparta Praha - FC Baník Ostrava 3-2 (1-1)

Goals: 8' Šural, 52' Zahustel, 80' Štetina - 35' Baroš, 55' De Azevedo

Booked: Šural, Costa, Mandjeck, Mareček - Granečný, Pokorný

Red card: Granečný

Sparta: Bičík - Zahustel, Hovorka, Štetina, Costa - Mandjeck (69' Mareček), Sáček - Biabiany (75' Néstor), Rosický, Vatajelu (46' Janko) - Šural.

Baník: Vašek – Pazdera, Azackij, Pokorný, Morgan (86' O. Šašinka) – Šindelář – Sus (78' Stáňa), R. Hrubý, de Azevedo, Granečný – Baroš (76' Poznar).

Match officials: Královec - Nádvorník, Wilczek.

Attendance: 9125.

Top page
General Partner
Platinum Partners